Saturday 7 June 2008

Townes IPA Kegged

I managed to get the Townes IPA kegged today, both FV's were down to 1.010 so thats ~4.7% judging by the fact that the kitchen was filled with the aroma of Cascades while I was kegging, it's gonna be hoppy! Thats just what I wanted, my wife thought that the aroma was like lemon cheescake, I'd have to agree. I really think that adding the aroma hops (and a lot of them) at 80 degrees and turning off the immersion cooler for 15 mins helps to lock in the aroma.

Just have to wait a few weeks now until it can be supped, hopefully on a warm evening with a BBQ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fancy doing Swapsies for a bottle of Hop Monster and Jolly Roger?

Wez said...

Certainly do John, I had a look at the hop monster post earlier today, I'll be in touch and lets get them bottles swapped. Your opinion will be valued.