Saturday 29 March 2008

DIY reward

After yet another day getting frustrated with DIY, I am rewarding myself with a well earned beer session, all home brewed except a bottle of SNPA which I have in my sights. Already tried a Q.C. bottle of Randy Sparrow (brewed back on February 28) in fact that leaves me with only 1 bottle the other 6 bottles from that batch are all promised out (hence the Q.C.) very pleased with it, it's a lovely refresing 'soft' ale, very creamy tasting and a cracking 4.6% session beer. The rest of the batch of course remains in the keg. Red Sky Ale will be next in the glass, it's been kegged since February 27th so it should be right, just about now.

Edit: Red Sky, Hmm an interesting taste, smokey on the nose and a big raisin flavour, the colour is very dark, held to the light it's red, but a very dark red. Both of these pictures are of Red Sky Ale

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can paint and paper with the best of them but I'd be more than a little apprehensive tackling the jobs you've been doing. I reckon you deserve an ale or two chief so fill yer boots!

Ps Looking forward to getting stuck into the Randy Sparrow when it's ready (if that doesn't sound too wrong)

Anonymous said...

Nice sounding (and looking beers).
So what is the secret to the raisin notes in your beer?

Wez said...

Matt, I'll have to be honest and say I don't know for sure, it's a (not unpleasant) taste that i've not come across in my beers before, there is 7% of crystal malt in there and some chocolate malt and roasted barley. It's the first time i've used Amarillo also, but I don't think that it would be those?

Wez said...

John, Cheers, yes I also believe that I deserved those beers! I think you will enjoy the Randy Sparrow.